Sunday, November 28, 2010

apple cupcakes

apple cupcakes w/marshmallow buttercream frosting for klein's birthday

the most difficult part of martha's recipe was shredding 4c. of apples
before they started to brown
I added some lime juice to the apples, but it didn't help that much

they looked good going into the oven

when they came out, the liners were greasy and because there is
so much moisture in the cakes, it was hard to be sure they were completely done
almost seemed like the middle wasn't done but top and edges were too done
but when I returned to frost them 2 days later, I tested one and it was just fine

can't remember where I got the frosting recipe
but it was just butter, marshmallow fluff, confectioner's sugar, vanilla and cream
it turned out pretty tasty, maybe a bit more butter flavor than I like
it pipped on easy and I used a cinnamon grinder to add the finishing touch

works better than trying to fit 30 candles on one cupcake

happy birthday mr. klein!

No comments:

Post a Comment