Sunday, November 28, 2010

pistachio-cardamom whoopie pies

whoopies for lauren's birthday brunch
the recipe came from the book whoopie pies

for ease and uniformity, I typically use my tbsp scoop for each cake
that will give you approx. 2-inch cakes

this time I tried some 2 tbsp cakes as well
these result in approx. 3.5-inch cakes

both sizes for comparison
I usually stick to the smaller ones - easier to eat and share

filled the cakes with honey buttercream
the combo wasn't bad, but I think the honey might have overshadowed
the pistachio and cardamom flavor a bit
the cakes had a great flavor though

the book suggested using rosewater buttercream with these whoopies
I had some difficulty finding rosewater or rosewater extract
but I have since obtained a bottle of rosewater, so I will try that next time

No comments:

Post a Comment