Friday, July 29, 2011

starbucks petites

starbucks introduced three cakepops to their menu in March
I refused to purchase one cakepop at $1.50, but was curious to try them
turns out they gave out free petites the first few days they came out
so I tried all three cakepops and here's what I discovered

birthday cakepop
Vanilla cake and icing, dipped in a pink chocolaty coating with white sprinkles.

first thought was these pops are nearly double the size of my cakepops
the coating is softer, so it doesn't crack or break when you bite it
cake is very dense and the flavor is so so

rocky road cakepop
Chocolate cake and icing dipped in a dark chocolaty coating, with mini marshmallows and roasted almonds.

enjoyed finding marshmallows mixed into the cake
though the pop as a whole was way to rich
I liked the nut sprinkles, but the marshmallow sprinkled on was unnecessary

tiramisu cakepop
Vanilla cake and Starbucks® coffee with vanilla icing, dipped in mocha flavored chocolaty coating, with a chocolate coffee bean.

enjoyed the coffee flavor of this pop, however the soft texture of the coating turned me off
this cake was the most dense of the three
I was excited for the chocolate-covered espresso bean
only to find out that it was just chocolate in the shape of a coffee bean...boo!

 I did love the little box the individual pops came in
with the clever little slot for the stick to rest in

my recommendation:  try making your own at home
you'll have a fun time doing it and they will likely taste better
or just ask me - I always like an excuse to make cakeballs

No comments:

Post a Comment